Tri-State HELP (Housing Environment for Living Positively) HOPWA (Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS) is a needs-based program for low-income persons living with HIV/AIDS and their families who live in North Dakota, Montana or South Dakota and need housing assistance and/or related services.
The goals of the program are to provide a stable housing environment and provide access to services such as medical care and recovery and counseling programs. Funds pay the difference between the actual rent for a unit and 30% of the participant's income.
- At least one person in the household must be HIV positive
- Income cannot exceed 80% of the area median in your county, as determined by HUD, adjusted for household size.
- Housing Information Services
- Tenant Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
- Short Term Mortgage, Utility Assistance (STRMU)
- Housing Case Management Services
- Supportive/Referral Services