Cost: Member: $200/person; Non-Member: $750/person
When: Tuesday October 11th and Wednesday October 12th from 8am-5pm
Where: Comfort Inn Bismarck | 929 Gateway Avenue | Bismarck, ND 58503
- A block of rooms have been reserved under "Wipfli Training for Community Action."
- Call 701-223-4009 to make your reservation.
Registration can be submitted online or via mail using the downloadable registration form.
About the Training
Wipfli In-Depth Training on OMB's Uniform Guidance
Having strong internal controls and understanding the rules governing how you can and cannot spend federal dollars are keys to fiscal management and overall compliance in your organization. Professionals new to the organization, as well as professionals who have been there for decades, will benefit from this review of the administrative and cost principles/allocation sections of the 2 CFR Part 200 – Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (also known as the “Uniform Guidance”).
Join this training workshop to learn about the new Uniform Guidance regulations and, more importantly, how to implement them in your organization. Review the regulations you need to know to stay in compliance through examples, stories and best practices learned from years of auditing and consulting. Take back up-to-date and relevant information to implement immediately in your agency. Wipfli’s nonprofit experts have been presenting the highest-quality training for more than 40 years. Participants declare Wipfli training “empowering,” “outstanding,” “meaningful,” “invaluable” and “relevant.” At this workshop, our experts will provide you with in-depth training relating to financial management and administration.
Day 1: General provisions and administrative requirements
After an introduction and discussion of the laws and regulations, there will be a discussion of the general provisions and administrative requirements. We’ll focus on these key areas:
- Applicability of and implementation dates for the new regulations
- Standards for financial management systems and internal controls
- Property and equipment
- Program income
- Budget revisions
- Requirements for pass-through agencies
- Reporting and record retention requirements
- Review the organization, applicability and implementation timeline of the new Uniform Guidance.
- Discuss the requirements for financial systems.
- Discuss the regulations on program income, property and procurement.
- Explore the requirements for reporting and record retention.
Day 2: OMB cost principles, cost allocation, selected items of cost and audit requirements
The cost principles cover the costs that a grant-funded program can charge to federal grant awards. General principles, allowable costs, unallowable costs and costs that require prior approval will be discussed. We’ll also discuss all changes related to cost allocation and selected items of cost. In addition, we’ll discuss changes in audit requirements coming with the implementation of the regulations.
- Explore the basics of allowable costs.
- Discuss direct and indirect costs.
- Explore the options for cost allocation in the new Uniform Guidance.
- Review the changes in audit requirements.