Area Resources

  • Resources in the Bismarck area are included.

  • Each of the seven Community Action Agencies across North Dakota offer a wide variety of programs to serve those in need including, but not limited to: Budgeting and Money Management, Child Care, Commodities, Emergency Assistance, Energy Assistance, Food Pantry, Head Start, Housing, Self-Sufficiency, and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.

  • Resources for the Devils Lake are are included.

  • Resources for the Dickinson area are included.

  • Resources for the Fargo area are included.

  • 2-1-1 is a simple, easy to remember, free number that connects callers to information about health and human services.

  • Resources for the Grand Forks area are included.

  • Services provided include: SNAP (food stamps), LIHEAP, TANF, Medicaid and General Assistance.

  • Resources for the Jamestown area are included.

  • Legal Services of North Dakota is a non-profit organization, providing legal assistance in a variety of matters to low income and elderly North Dakotans

  • The Landlord/Tenant Rights Booklet has been prepared by the North Dakota Apartment Association (NDAA). While this booklet does reference state laws relating to landlord/tenant issues and concerns, it should be used only as a general guideline for informational purposes.

  • Resources for the Minot area are included.

  • By tracking and analyzing trends in areas that affect our quality of life, Compass gives everyone in our state a common foundation to act on issues to improve our communities.

  • DHS provides services that help vulnerable people of all ages maintain or enhance their quality of life, which may be threatened by lack of financial resources, emotional crises, disabling conditions, or an inability to protect themselves.

  • Women's Way is a federally-funded breast and cervical cancer screening program that provides a way to pay for most breast and cervical cancer screenings. Women see their own doctor or nurse practitioner for the exam. For more information, please call (701) 355-1755 or fax (701) 221-3503.

  • National CAP
  • National Community Action Foundation
  • Community Action Program Legal Services