The Veteran must meet three conditions to qualify for SSVF:
- A member of a Veteran Family
- Veteran is defined as a person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released there from under conditions other than dishonorable.
- Very Low Income (Under 50% Area Median Income)
- Literally homeless, or at imminent risk of becoming literally homeless
Area Median Income Guidelines
Click here to find your state/county Area Median Income guidelines. Select the "Click Here for FY 2021 IL Documentation" once you navigate to the website.
Required Documents for Verification
- DD-214 to verify Veteran status
- Paystubs or tax forms to verify gross annual income
- Verification of Housing Status:
- If imminently at risk of losing housing, lease and eviction notice are required.
How to Apply
Any Veteran interested in applying for the SSVF program should complete the referral form. Upon completion, please submit it the appropriate Community Action Agency listed on the form.