• There are Health Navigators in North Dakota to assist you with the process.

  • More information is available here if you need assistance outside of a Navigator.

  • Search and identify which plan may be best for you, your family, or anyone interested in learning more.

  • If you have no health care insurance, you may qualify for Medicaid Expansion health care coverage.

    Apply online at http://apply.dhs.nd.gov, or by phone at 1-855-794-7308. Paper applications are also accepted by contacting your local Human Service Zone.

    REMINDER: There is no deadline to apply for Medicaid. The same application is used for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)

    The site also has a link to apply for Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program/Heating Assistance (LIHEAP)

  • The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LiHEAP) helps low-income families with home heating costs. You may qualify if: your income and assets meeting eligibility guidelines AND you buy fuel from a dealer or utility company OR your rent (non-subsidized) includes heat payment. Contact Community Options for more details. Click on their link or call 701-223-2417.

  • National CAP
  • National Community Action Foundation
  • Community Action Program Legal Services